Book Review: The Innocent Man

The Innocent Man: Murder and Injustice in a Small TownThe Innocent Man: Murder and Injustice in a Small Town by John Grisham
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Before even reading this book I always used to say in this country (USA you are guilty until proven innocent. Now after reading this I've learned you don't need to be proven anything. The prosecution just has to convince the jury. I've lost faith in the justice system years ago. One can even go as far back as Bible days Daniel was framed and even Jesus, an innocent man, was put to death.

This book angered me. The Judges, the early lawyers and Bill Peterson. I've always said you don't need proof to be convicted all you need is a prosecuter to hate you and he'll find ways to get you in jail. Paying witness, blackmailing, even lowering sentence terms for inmates. It's a disgrace. Anywho I never heard about this story. I was born in 84 so this story was just developing as I grew up. So, I missed it all, but I am glad the "victims" of injustice, were able to get lawyers who used both sides of their brains. A good story I wish I were aware of when I was younger. Great research by John and this gives me more motivation to become a lawyer myself.

View all my reviews