4 Spiritual Questions to ask Das before we die of boredom

A couple of weeks ago I attended a Q and A with a pastor. I have also been to Q and A's with "professionals" at schools and seen the ones on TV with presidential candidates. Don't you just hate when they make a speech out of every answer? My A.D.D. is kicking into overdrive, the kitchen has been calling my name and they're taking 20 minutes to answer each question. So here, I have decided to answer a few questions that some people have asked me. Straight to the point with biblical texts for confirmation.


1. Should christians listen to psychics?
Psychics  to me are no different than asking a friend to predict your future. Your friends could actually do a better job because they know you. I saw a TV ad for California Psychics, $1 a minute! A dollar a minute? Their first prediction is you'll be broke by the end of the call! A christian going to a psychic only shows their lack of faith in God. In fact its like throwing in the towel and giving up on God altogether. Bible text you ask? Ok 
 Deuteronomy 18:10-11: "Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead."




2. Where do you draw the line on music?


A controversial question. It's controversial because people don't want to give up their favorite music.  Someone once told me that the lyrics are whats important not the beat and that is why he listens to Christian rock or other songs from crossover artists. When I asked him how many hymns he knew, he said none, which clearly proves that lyrics mean nothing to him. Hymns are filled with wonderful words, but because their beat are not like the world he doesn't listen to them. Music is a form of worldly entertainment (I'm referring to music  from the likes of Justin Bieber, Snoop Dogg, X-tina, Madonna etc.) and as Christians we are to separate ourselves from the world  


1 John 2:15-17  "Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever."
I would even add the desires of the ears to that text.

3. Why are we supposed to dress differently? 


As mentioned above, we as Christians are no longer of the world. I have no problem with brands, but I have a huge issue with style. You will never catch me wearing my pants 5 inches below my waist, exposing my underwear and wearing pants that are 5 sizes too small. Nor will you catch me in a tight, short revealing dress (anymore) We must do a good job of representing God, both verbally and physically.



1 Corinthians 10:31 So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 
1 Timothy 2:9  Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control.. 
Deuteronomy 22:5  “A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.

4. Why can't we wear piercing or tattoos?

Our bodies are temples, not Christmas trees. There is no reason to decorate ourselves. I've always seen it as an insult to God when someone wants to "improve" their bodies. Plastic surgery, makeup etc. To me its all a way of saying "I'm not happy with how God made me. I can look better." Plus it creates "classes." For example you think Megan Fox would date a guy like me? Wearing all that goop and frulop no, but if she wore no makeup and Walmart clothes I'd have a chance! She must have spent a few thousand dollars on that outfit. meanwhile I spent like 20 bucks on mine. She's high maintenance, I have no maintenance. Anyways, that's getting away from the point. If someone went to your church and painted graffiti on the side walls, how would you feel? Can you imagine how God feels when we "paint" our bodies? They painted on his house, we painted on his temple. Which is worse?


Leviticus 19:28  You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the Lord.1 Corinthians 3:17 If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple

If anyone has any questions that they would like me to answer on a future blog please send me a message via the contact form above. Your name will never be mentioned.