Media Monday Book Reviews: Then Sings my Soul 3

Then Sings My Soul Book 3: The Story of Our Songs: Drawing Strength from the Great Hymns of Our FaithThen Sings My Soul Book 3: The Story of Our Songs: Drawing Strength from the Great Hymns of Our Faith by Robert J. Morgan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Well, I opened the book with different expectations. not every hymn mentioned in this book had a history of where it came from. BUT, it is still a great book. BUT. (I have lots of buts) Something interesting, I didnt know "Up on the Housetop" was a hymn? A bit strange considering Santa was a "tool" created to draw people away from the original meaning of Christmas. I know the backstory of Christmas and don't see what place a song like this has in a Christian hymn.

Anywho, to make the book more enjoyable, I looked up each hymn on Youtube to listen as I read the lyrics. Some very good songs and some very good stories. Great book.


View all my reviews