Review: Surprised by Laughter The Comic World of CS Lewis

Surprised By Laughter: The Comic World of C.S. LewisSurprised By Laughter: The Comic World of C.S. Lewis by Terry Lindvall

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


35 pages into it and I still had no idea what I was reading. As much as I love to read, I forget at times that I have A.D.D I had trouble getting into the book. The book is about CS Lewis and how he views comedy...or how the author thinks CS views comedy, whatever. I'm a self proclaimed comedian, so naturally this caught my attention, but the way it was written...lets just say the next time this "doctor" does surgery, instead of an anesthetic, just have the patient read this book! Ok, I'm kidding, but that's all apart of comedy right?



I did enjoy the quotes at the start of each chapter and what I did manage to read, while I skim read was ok. Some quoyes and jokes that were written from CS were good. I will not knock the book. It seems like a good book for those that actually know who CS is and are willing to read about 454 long pages but I learned something. I will only read story books, because while the title may interest me and the overall purpose of the book interests me, the content just doesn't have enough "oomph" to hold my interest.



View all my reviews