Review: The Litigators

The LitigatorsThe Litigators by John Grisham

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I have always been fascinated with this kind of stuff. I enjoy books on law, maybe its because I've been screwed so many times in my life, but I was too dumb...excuse me "un-knowledgeable" in this field that I never bother to sue anyone (Lord knows I could be a millionaire today. Thinking about it, it may be years later, but I could still win some of those cases.) Anyways the book had my interest. It's books like this that people say "reading is educational" You do learn alot....well, I did anyway. Great story, great court work. You are given characters who are lawyers yet dumb as bricks and have others that would scare the President into an early leave. A very interesting book. I'd recommend highly to anyone that enjoys law. Lots of stuff going on.

I am also impressed with how John found the time to write this book, considering his involvement in this field himself. I wrote my books doing absolutely nothing else in my life and I was stressed into a comma. How John did it, I'll never know.

The characters were kinda plain. Nobody with a real sense of humor, but after years as a lawyer, it must be hard to maintain one. So, I don't blame the characters or John for making them ordinary. However, he still did a great job at making them interesting and making us love or hate certain ones. A book I might read again soon.



View all my reviews