Media Monday: Book review: Underground Time

Underground TimeUnderground Time by Delphine de Vigan

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


.......oh sorry fell asleep. Well this book is interesting. It is the fist romance novel I have read with virtually no dialogue. Was it even a romance? Beats me, but I can't seem to understand how a book with almost zero dialogue can be an award winner. The cover makes it look mysterious and very interesting. As they say don't judge a book by its cover.

I gave it two stars because its not a bad book, it was ok, but the story just drags on forever and ever. No humor, strong drama, suspense. The book would have been better to me without the two stories. But dealing with two main characters both of which have virtually no personalities was terrible. I skipped a few pages and even chapters and those pages were no different than the first 65 I read. The characters situation changed of course, but their mentality and life was the same if not worse. I'm a happy guy I'd rather not read about depressing lives, it depresses me.

The book is about Mathilde who works for a bully boss, but a kind of bully boss that isn't so obvious, he tries hard to get her so annoyed and upset that she leaves but still protecting his reputation. The other story is about Thibault, who's a 13 year old girl in love ha no I'm kidding he's an adult a doctor, who can't seem to get over his ex....well, same thing.



View all my reviews