Review: Goosebumps: Attack of the Jack-O'-Lanterns

Attack of the Jack-O'-Lanterns (Goosebumps, #48)Attack of the Jack-O'-Lanterns by R.L. Stine

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


Nope, impossible, nope, I'm sorry. Can't happen. Nope. Chapter 9 ruined the book for me. The book was kind of slow for the first 8 chapters, chapter 9 was getting good and up until chapter ten starts with "That was my daydream" You don't grab the reader and lock them in for a good ride than let go and say ride over time to start from scratch. I skipped a few chapters to see if the book could grab my interest, but it couldn't, my trust in it was gone. I felt like if I were to be grabbed again it would be another dream. If it were introduced as a dream than fine, but its like a regular story, but at the start of a chapter its a dream. That ruins the momentum the book had. I hate being teased, this wasn't a teaser it was a displeaser. In an earlier book it happened twice in one book and it got me angry. This book was also a flashback, another thing I hate in books. You know those "it all started last week....". This book had two things that I dislike most about books. I had no choice but to stop reading at chapter ten.



View all my reviews