Book Reviews: The Grace Effect

The Grace Effect: How the Power of One Life Can Reverse the Corruption of UnbeliefThe Grace Effect: How the Power of One Life Can Reverse the Corruption of Unbelief by Larry Alex Taunton

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


A history book would be more of an appropriate label. The main story is Sasha the adopted orphan, but throughout the book we are given history lessons or lectures into the history (and current) state of the Ukraine. Very sad. I've heard about parts of mexico and the entire island of Cuba, but this is the first I hear of a non Spanish country and its corruption. Ignoring the lectures through the book, because I skipped maybe 50 pages. Its all interesting lectures, but it wasn't what I was in the mood for. I have very bad A.D.D. so I can only read a book I am interested in and all I cared for was the story of Sasha.

A very touching story. Such a bright, smart girl. Makes me want to adopt, but I can't even raise myself let alone someone else. We are taken through the entire adoption process and the terrible things the new parents face.The bribes. Sheeesh. The parents must have dished over hundreds or thousands of dollars not because they wanted to they had to because that's how things were run there. I believe all countries want bribes even in the US, while illegal, it is still done except they use the term "fee". Example one college gave me my transcripts for free, while another college would not give it to me unless I gave them money. I felt like I was being robbed. Legally robbed. Anyways, the family has a lot of patience. God must have been with them and to bless them with such an intelligent child and protected hem from the mafia and the thieves that work for the government. Good book, good story and good insight into the lives of these fine folks.



View all my reviews