Review: Goosebumps: How I Got My Shrunken Head

How I Got My Shrunken Head (Goosebumps, #39)How I Got My Shrunken Head by R.L. Stine

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


What kind of person would give a real shrunken head to a little boy? You might get arrested for that. And who in their right mind would let their child keep such an ugly little green thing? Anywho this is really hard to review without giving away spoilers, because the book starts off innocently enough with Mark being obsessed with a computer game. Then someone shows up at the door with a gift from his aunt. When you first look at the cover. You see the ugly green goop and read the title you think "Whats so scary about an ugly head? A lot of people have those." Luckily the book isn't centered around the "human" head. Its mostly about the boy looking for his aunt and using his magic powers. Still sounds kinda lame, but it gets interesting towards the middle end. I suggest starting at chapter 5, because that's where the actual story starts. The previous 4 are just build up.



Told through male first person.



View all my reviews