Review: Goosebumps: Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes

Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes (Goosebumps, #34)Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes by R.L. Stine

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I almost did not read this. I started reading it but the Moose character seemed...how can I say this nicely...stupid! And compared to other characters he was! Poorly written. The story is kind of typical for all Goosebumps books. The parents never believe their child when he tells them the Gnomes are alive. Spending the next few chapters trying to convince and prove. It was good to see what the gnomes were going to do next, but I skipped the interaction between the son and parents, because its all predictable repetitive stuff. What makes me happy is that there was a twist in the end, not so much a twist, but a turn? I can't explain it. I thought the book was going to have a stupid superhero ending but turned out better than I had hopped. It was an ok book. But man, are they some ugly creatures!



View all my reviews