Review: Goosebumps: My Hairiest Adventure

My Hairiest Adventure (Goosebumps, #26)My Hairiest Adventure by R.L. Stine

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


http://www.davidasantos.com/



O
Description via Goodreads.
He's having a really, really bad hair day. . . . Larry Boyd just found the coolest thing in the trash. It's an old bottle of INSTA-TAN. "Rub on a dark suntan in minute" - that's what the label says. So Larry and his friends do. But nothing much happens. Until Larry notices the hair. Dark spiky hair growing on his hands and face. Really gross shiny hair. Hair that keeps growing back even after he shaves it off. . . .
--------------
This book shouldn't have a description, it should have an explanation! I was wrong, this one was not any better than the last Goosebumps book Attack of the Mutant. I didn't even read all of it. I read the first page and felt it was a rather lame start to the book. I skimmed read a few pages and really hated it. I just can't find the humor in a person growing hair on their body. According to my fellow Alien friend Alieana, that's called being a human. Humans grow hair, some faster than others. I had a friend who had so much hair at age 15 his dad bought him a lawn mower for his body! So what's so new and scary about this book? Anyways, I skimmed through the book, skipping paragraphs, than skipping pages and eventually skipping chapters altogether! R.L is a great writer, but its the subject of the book that makes it a snoozefest. Let's not even talk about the ending sheesh. I try real hard not to judge a book by it's cover or title, but it's books like these that make it hard.



View all my reviews