Review: Goosebumps: The Scarecrow Walks at Midnight

The Scarecrow Walks at Midnight (Goosebumps, #20)The Scarecrow Walks at Midnight by R.L. Stine

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


http://www.davidasantos.com/



I almost didn't get through the book. I think my ADD kicked in overdrive before I even opened the book, because I didn't understand a single thing until page 10. I think the books excitement was ruined right off the bat when Stanley admits to something early in the book.

Two things that annoy me are zombies and scarecrows, their not scary. Aside from walking funny they don't do anything, kind of like supervisors! I hate it when characters in books and movies act so scared. You know they won't hurt you, just grab something and start hitting them.

I, unlike other reviewers, will not give this a low rating because I hate scarecrows. I am a fair rater. The book itself takes awhile to get going, but lots of buildup, but fun and interesting buildup. The book was alright in my opinion as a reader. Not my favorite of the Goosebumps books, probably one of my least favorites, but for scarecrow lovers, it's good.



View all my reviews