Review: Goosebumps: The Beast from the East

The Beast from the East (Goosebumps, #43)The Beast from the East by R.L. Stine

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


These are one of those books that would be better as a movie but terrible as a book. If this were a movie it certainly wouldn't be a blockbuster film, but it would be for kids, if acting was done good it could be a funny film, but reading it..I have mixed feelings. Here you have three kids who walk around the woods somehow managed to reach some fantasy world with weird creatures and end up playing a deadly game of Tag (Book started going downhill from there) If you're it, you are labeled The Beast from the East. If time runs out, they eat you. I give the author credit, he made the book entertaining ...sort of, but the story itself was just..weird, no, lame is a better word. The cover fooled me. i thought it was going to be better. Speaking of the cover, notice the beasts hand? I actually know guys with fingernails that long! Creepy.

Female first person



View all my reviews