Review: Goosebumps: Night of the Living Dummy III

Night of the Living Dummy III (Goosebumps, #40)Night of the Living Dummy III by R.L. Stine

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


"Can you stand on your head?"

"No, its too high"

Sigh, no wonder the uncle didn't say anymore jokes. Anyways. I'm glad it's the same dummy in all three books, but is the same story. Dummy pulls the pranks, parents get super angry and no one believes the kids. It's so repetitive you can skip the first 15 chapters! In this book the girl is not the one with the dummy act (No, I can't spell the professional word for it and am too lazy to use spell check.) This time it's the father but he doesn't actually use them, much.



The book was in female first person, but for some reason the girls in these books are much more entertaining when the books are in male first person. All the characters in this book just seemed dull, but as an author myself I know it's hard to give each character a personality so I wont hold it against RL. I actually liked the ending to this one. It's a mean yet funny end. It's not a great book, but it was good. I realy miss the insult jokes. That's what made the dummy so great.



View all my reviews