Review: Goosebumps: Abominable Snowman of Pasadena

The Abominable Snowman of Pasadena (Goosebumps, #38)The Abominable Snowman of Pasadena by R.L. Stine

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have to take off points, because of the ending and we never learn about what happened to the "Snowman" after his escape. I hate it whens stories end just like that. The story looked promising. We had a guide that hated the kids (which we never read what happened to him either!)and that's always fun because it makes you believe he is up to something bad. I love snow, so I don't mind reading about it, but there was so much left out of this book there was almost no point in writing it. Its an unsolved mystery, except this wasn't mystery. Also the book says the "snowman" is about a head taller than the boy, yet on the cover he is almost the height of the street light.


Told through male first person. An easy read, but too much was left in the air to actually enjoy it. See, it was hat lame I couldn't even think of anything funny to say! Oh wait. the book states they walked 10 miles in the snow. Now you know its fiction. I can't even walk 2 blocks on solid ground. I highly doubt two kids can survive 10 miles in the snow. Their father also said their packs were to stay on their backs at all times the food in there will save them if they get lost, yet all they had was one bag of Trail Mix? So much material for a good joke there and I can't come up with one. It's 4:51am. I'm a lot funnier around 2pm.


View all my reviews