Review: Goosebumps: Ghost Beach

Ghost Beach  (Goosebumps, #22)Ghost Beach by R.L. Stine

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Description: Jerry can't wait to explore the dark, spooky old cave he found down by the beach. Then the other kids tell him a story. A story about a ghost who lives deep inside the cave.
A ghost who is three hundred years old.
A ghost who comes out when the moon is full.
A ghost who is haunting the beach.
Just another stupid ghost story. Right?
-----------------
I'm giving this 4 stars instead of 5 because it comes right after "A Night in Horrorland" which in my opinion, as the kids say was "epic" (I did say in my opinion) For some reason Jerry acted more like the little sister in the story to me. At times I would even forget he was a guy! Just seemed really wimpy, scared, refused to be brave etc. His little sister was really brave and smarter. I wish RL could have made Jerry a little more boyish. Maybe I haven't read many books in male first person or what but I didn't like Jerry. Anyways. I'm trying to write this review with two kids jumping off the couch making thunder like landings and adults yelling at them to stop. Needless to say my head is about to explode! The book does not take a while to get going, it starts off around chapter two and held my interest to finish the book in one day. I tell you one thing, I need to research ghosts because the cover misleads you to believe what they typically look like but far from what the book says they look like. Not too scary or suspenseful.



View all my reviews