Review: Goosebumps: The Barking Ghost

The Barking Ghost (Goosebumps, #32)The Barking Ghost by R.L. Stine

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


I have to be honest, I started to read this book around chapter 24. Why you ask? It didn't interest me. I didn't judge the book by its cover or its title, I judged it by its description. "No one believes Cooper, no one heard the barks or saw the two dogs...." My how exciting! I knew the plot would take awhile to develop and I really wasn't in the mood to read another book of a kid who's family doesn't believe a word he says. I've read 31 Goosebumps books already I can kinda figure out how its going to go. Plus the title and plot didn't sound interesting at all.



I started reading around chapter 24 and it was ok. Fergie was fun as all female kid characters are. As the book was starting to get interesting, it cut short it felt rushed. There was so much they could have done with the two new dogs, but it was short. The ending was terrible, again it felt rushed as if the final two chapters were missing or something. It's like turning in a half done essay for school because you ran out of time. It seems like RL ran out of time when writing the final chapter and just turned it in to the publisher.



View all my reviews