Review: Goosebumps: Attack of the Mutant

Attack of the Mutant (Goosebumps, #25)Attack of the Mutant by R.L. Stine

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Description from Goodreads.
He's no superhero.... He's a supervillain! Skipper Matthews has an awesome comic book collection. His favorite one is called The Masked Mutant. It's about an evil supervillain who's out to rule the universe! Skipper can't get enough of The Mutant. Until one day he gets lost in a strange part of town. And finds a building that looks exactly like The Mutant's secret headquarters. A building that appears and disappears! Has Skipper read one too many comic books? Or does The Masked Mutant really live in Riverview Falls?
--------------------------------------
What in the name of sugary fruit loops did I just read? If I wanted to read a comic book, I'd just buy one. Skip reads his comics to us for a little while, which I mainly skim-read. The final 5 chapters are just weird. I finished reading it in 5 hours Not because it was good, no, but because I wanted to get it over with asap! The tower, funny how Skipper was the only person to see it and not see it and walk into it. The idea of a comic book coming to life isn't bad. A good concept, just terribly executed in this book. I think it could have been written much better. I don't have much to say about this, but I hope the next book #26 My Hairiest Adventure, makes it up to me. And if you judge a book by its title..."sigh" this is going to be a long weekend!



View all my reviews